Friday, March 5, 2021

Goldfinger

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Goldfinger!


Original image located here. Accessed 5th March 2021

This may surprise a lot of you but I have never seen the most famous Bond movie of them all. I mean, i started it during my college years but I never got around the finishing it.
Well, I vowed to watch more Bond movies all the way through this year so now is a good time to address this oversight (with more to come I can assure you).

Much has been said that as this as the most successful 007 movie of all time with many of its successors have been trying to replicate the formula that made it such a hit. But having come from seeing Goldfinger's predecessors (Dr No and From Russia with Love), it seems to me that that the formula was already in place. All Goldfinger had to do was refine it.
But really there's not much i can say about Goldfinger that hasn't been said before. It is exciting, properly defines James Bond and never takes a misstep.
All i can say is that clearly this is the highest regarded of the James Bond movies for a very good reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment