Friday, February 28, 2020

The Invisible Man

And this week's Friday night movie has been... The Invisible Man!


Original image located here. Accessed 28th February 2020

The gf chose this one
Now this is not the first time I have seen a movie with Kiera - that honor goes to Little Women. Thing is, i chose that one - which means that I went for the 'chick flick' movie while Kiera selected a psychological thriller. Go fig.

Anyho, I noticed that the director of this movie is Leigh Whannell. In recent years, he may have made a name for himself through the Saw franchise but to me, Whannell will forever be the movie critic on Recovery. I mention this because, if this movie is anything to go by, he knows his stuff: he knows how to craft suspense, how to build tension from nothing (ie blank walls) and how to build a connection with the audience that leaves them (ie me) drained by the end of it.
That being said, there certainly a lot going for this movie. It has scares, unbelievable tension and Elizabeth Moss giving it her all. Recommended

No comments:

Post a Comment