Friday, January 24, 2020

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle!


Original image located here. Accessed 24th January 2020

Of all the 90's IP, I never would've guessed that this would be given the resurrection / breath of life, let alone it being any good.

But somehow, against the odds, this movie succeeds. It's a superb action/adventure film movie on it's own but what really makes it shine is a) a delightful cast who are committed to their roles and have an excellent chemistry; b) some hilarious jokes and c) a commentary on video games and taking jabs at the various tropes associated with them (which, being the massive nerd that I am, found endlessly amusing).

So ultimately, this is movie that is way better than it should be.

That and I doubt I would never hear 'Baby I Love Your Way' the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment