Friday, March 23, 2018

The Iron Giant

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Iron Giant!


Original image located here. Accessed 23rd March 2018

Well it took me long enough but I finally got to see this movie. And all I had to do was find a spare eighty-odd minutes in my schedule XD
Watching this movie however I do realize, i do miss the art of the 2d hand drawn animation. Somehow it seems more expressive and more full of life than digital artwork. Still at least works like this function as time-capsule to a time that's disappearing over the horizon.

As for the movie itself, it was great! I do remember this not getting much of a run in it's original theatrical form but now, nearly two decades later, it seems to have obtained an audience and appreciation that eluded it the first time around.
It may not have had the budget of larger animated features but somehow, I found this to have more heart than a lot of other movies, animated or Live Action.

No comments:

Post a Comment