Friday, March 2, 2018

Close Encounters of the Third Kind

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....Close Encounters of the Third Kind!


Original image located here. Accessed 2nd March 2018

Once again, this is a well-known/regarded movie that managed to escape my notice for nearly three decades. I did try to watch it in high school but I don't recall getting very far. Well not this time: I came, I saw and I......

......it seems to me that this movie's reputation lies largely on the final half-hour. I have to admit it was something for a slog to get there but DAMN what a climax. The special effects are incredible - even for a forty one year old movie - and the UFO itself is truly awe-inspiring - which honestly, leaves a lot of CGI-heavy movies of today for dead.
So yeah: Great movie. It may have been a journey to get there but what a pay-off

No comments:

Post a Comment