Friday, January 5, 2018

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....Star Wars: the Last Jedi!


Original image located here. Accessed 5th January 2018

Well there's a lot to unpack here and it's kinda tricky without giving too much away. I will do my best:

So let me say this straight out: I enjoyed this movie. That being said however, my favorite parts of the movie were those which involved Luke and Rey. Beyond that, a lot of the movie, particularly the parts involving the 'pursuit' came across as somewhat pointless. Still, the final battle was pretty awesome and it's interesting to see this series prove that there is plenty more to this movie series and that it has the potential to keep going in interesting directions. In addition, Kylo Ren being an avatar for the 'Angry Star Wars fan' continues to amuse.
One point however: I've heard people compare The Force Awakens to A new Hope and The Last Jedi compared to Empire Strikes Back. Keeping with this formula, does that mean that no.9 is in the (admittedly unenviable) position of rehashing Return of the Jedi?

No comments:

Post a Comment