Friday, January 26, 2018

The Shape of Water

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Shape of Water!


Original image located here. Accessed 26th January 2018

I was disappointed with this movie: I went in expecting to see an adaptation of the historical fiction novel of Sophia Degraves, the wife of the man who founded the Cascades brewery. But what i got was a movie wherein a woman has sex with a fish.

Okay seriously, get past the peculiar premise and this movie is indeed a touching one. i was dreading that this was going to be one of those 'ordinary person romances unusual partner' movies (ie Oh My Goddess and Twilight) but somehow that was not the case. it's great to see the kind of people who are misrepresented in mainstream cinema doing great things but somehow i feel this movie is more than that. But really, this movie is all about the bizarre marriage between the beautiful and the grotesque. In addition, it is not about the journey but the execution.

I've heard people call it a weird movie but i didn't think so (believe you me I've seen films weirder than this). I thought it was a very beautiful movie.

 And hey, Thane got lucky XD

No comments:

Post a Comment