Friday, March 24, 2017

The Social Network

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Social Network!


Original image located here. Accessed 24th March 2017


You know, watching the opening credits I noticed this movie was written by Aaron Sorkin. Which is fascinating to me because I know this man less through his works and more through YouTube videos parodying his works. Funny yes but strangely less unusual in this internet-powered culture we live in today.

As for the movie itself, yeah it wasn't bad. Lotsa dialogue (kinda expected for the writer) but honestly? I don't see it any different from a rags-to-riches-hang-on-you-stole-my-idea-I'll-gunna-sue-you story
However! I did find a particular poignancy in the last scene. Especially this line: "You're not an asshole Mark - you're just trying so hard not to be"

In a world of internet-culture, where the dominant voice is the loudest, there's something to be said for such clarity

No comments:

Post a Comment