Friday, March 10, 2017

Bridesmaids

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....Bridesmaids!


Original image located here. Accessed 10th March 2017

I was interested in this movie because it was written by Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo - so instead, of male comedians writing their own movie we have female comedians writing their own movie. It's an admirable change of pace but does it work?

Actually it does. This was a genuine surprise for me. I found myself really getting into this movie and laughing out loud at certain moments. I was expecting a lot of female-centric jokes that would end up going over my head but that wasn't the case. There's some great comedic talent being put to work and some priceless moments.
Could've done without some of the gross-out humour however but you can't have everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment