And this week's Friday night movie has been... Winnie the Pooh!
Well I saw the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh last week so it is only fitting that I follow it up with this 2011 effort.
It would be easy to write this off as a remake of the preceding movie given it takes the same approach: Use the source material and throw in zany sight gags, lean on the naivety of these characters, break the borderline between the animation and the text, show off the playful nature of the animation and all wrap it up in a big bow of cosiness.
But if it worked the first time, there's no reason why it won't the second.
Really there's not much else I can add; This was a lot of fun to watch and whilst it seemed a repeat of the Many Adventures it never came across as a problem (which, lets face it, is a difficult trick to pull off).
Although I am convinced that Pooh's love of honey is so great he may require professional help...
No comments:
Post a Comment