Friday, August 7, 2026

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh

   And this week's Friday night movie has been... The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh!

Original image located here. Accessed 7th August 2026

When I was a little boy, my father had a copy of Winnie the Pooh on the bookshelf. This was a copy of the original text by A. A Milne and I read it many times. Indeed, a book where the titular character is far from the sharpest tool in the shed but is still able to succeed is something that spoke deeply to me. 

So we come to this: An anthology of previously animated shorts and indeed the most widely recognised of the Disney adaptations of Milne's work. I do recall seeing one of them on TV when I was a lad - the one where Tigger is stuck up a tree - but I never got to see how it ended. 

Looking at this collection of shorts, I can certainly recognise the stories from the source material. And I especially love the playful nature of the animation, with the incorporation of the story book framework. 
Given the ubiquitous nature of these characters, one will would they would grow tiresome easily but that is not the case. 
This has been a lot of fun to watch and hasn't aged at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment