Friday, October 13, 2023

Student Bodies

   And this week's Friday night movie has been... Student Bodies!

Original image located here. Accessed 13th October 2023

I hate to sound like I'm repeating myself but this movie got viewed through a number of familiar threads: 1) October is the time to watch horror movies, 2) the tradition of watching horror movies at October may also include some shlock 3) I like horror movies that mock both the tried & tested tropes and the acts of idiocy and 4) It had been on my watch list for so long that I'd forgotten why I put in on there to begin with. 

It would be fair to say that Scary Movie wouldn't exist without this movie, as it tells the same jokes: Mocking tropes in slasher movies all through a rather puerile eye. That being said, this movie is amateurish (at best) and completely stupid (at worst) with many jokes range from the obvious to the cringy and the complete misfire. But there are some moments that got a decent chuckle out of me (ie the R-18 rating announcer, the on-screen body count tally). 
My cup of silliness? Well since you put it that way....

No comments:

Post a Comment