Friday, December 9, 2022

Whiteley

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Whiteley!


Original image located here. Accessed 9th December 2022

For the uninitiated, this is a documentary on the Australian artist Brett Whiteley. Interestingly, I know nothing of the man or his artwork, but I did know that when he died there was a massive media sensation and the press were running stories about him for months afterward. So maybe this could be an introduction to him?

Unfortunately no. Sure a lot is revealed about Brett: His artwork, his methods and his way of thinking. Sure there is plenty of use of his letters and eyewitness accounts. Sure a lot is revealed about his passions. But to me, the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Simply put: I found this movie dull. But, as mentioned above, it shouldn't have been. But if I can find my interest drifting away, which honestly happens rarely when i watch a movie, then something has gone wrong.

>

No comments:

Post a Comment