Friday, January 15, 2021

Argo

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Argo!


Original image located here. Accessed 15th January 2021

Maybe it's just me but it would appear that interest in this movie has dropped off completely. What was once a critical darling and a Best Picture winner at the Oscars is now a movie that has slipped through the cracks - Perhaps it is indeed telling that I would get this at the Salvos for $3. Is this what happens when you make a movie based on historical facts but neglect to mention some crucial details?

Still, this movie sets itself out to be a tense thriller and to that end it succeeds. Sure it may play like any caper movie, what with the planning process and the carrying out of the act itself, but I really enjoy caper movies and this one certainly delivers. I don't know Ben Affleck for his directorial ability but I must say: When he hits he can clearly knock it out of the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment