Friday, December 28, 2018

The Lego Batman Movie

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Lego Batman Movie!


Original image located here. Accessed 28th December 2018

I once declared that Mask of Phantasm was the greatest Batman ever made. Now however I may have reason to reconsider.

There's a lot to unpack here so let;s just fall onto bullet points:
- It's been a while since I last saw a movie that left me laughing out loud and laughing a lot.
- Anyone else find that Batman's a lot more fun when he's a jerk?
- Self referential gags aplenty here. Not that I'm complaining.
- I actually like this 'machine gun' style of jokes. True it may get exhausting to keep up but it's never dull.
- I know some Batman fans like to elevate their idol to a superhuman status. This Batman seems like the accumulation of such adulation but it doesn't seem like a good thing. Which makes this Batman even funnier.
- Funny thing: The LA DC movies are super serious but this animated effort is a lot more fun. And thus a better movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment