Friday, December 21, 2018

Bumblebee

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....Bumblebee!


Original image located here. Accessed 21st December 2018

I've never really cared much for Bayformers but I have to admit that this was...... an improvement.

Yes, I'm finding it hard to believe myself. So lets cut to the chase and use dot points:
- This was unexpected: It had humour, heart and some touching moments. Unusual for this particular franchise and even more unusual in that they actually work
- Having a rockin' eighties soundtrack didn't hurt either
- Funny thing: When I originally saw the first Bayformers movie i was frustrated that there seemed to be more focus on the human characters than the Transformers themselves. Here, i have the opposite problem XD
- No way around it: Hailee Steinfeld carries a lot of this movie - so much so i want to see what happens next with this character
- Watching the end credits I noticed this movie was written by a woman, Christina Hodson. If this was a gamble then it clearly paid off
- Ultimately this seems a better movie than it ought to be. And after five attempts, they finally got it right. So what now?

No comments:

Post a Comment