Monday, October 22, 2018

Army of Darkness

Last night I saw Army of Darkness.


Original image located here. Accessed 22nd October 2018

This isn't the first time I've seen this movie - which subsequently disqualifies it as a candidate for the Friday Night Movie. But when i first saw this movie it was my first exposure to the Evil Dead franchise - which in turn left me wondering what the hell is going on. Still, I have since seen it's predecessors, so revisiting this film would make for an even playing field, right?

Make no mistake, this is the silliest of the trilogy - to a point where it no longer has any resemblance to a horror movie. It also is the point where Ash's character solidifies into a sarcastic anti-hero he is best known for - but I've seen him, over the course of two movies, arrive to that point in time and yeah, I'd probably get quite irate too.
I spoke previously about how I'm confused as to how to react to such a horror/comedy hybrid but that doesn't seem to be the case here: Army of Darkness is clearly a comedy but for me, such an clear sense of identity comes at the cost of my interest. Still it was funny to me to see Patrica Tallman in it (wow, Lyta Alexander really let herself go!)

No comments:

Post a Comment