Friday, December 29, 2023

Blazing Saddles

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Blazing Saddles!


Original image located here. Accessed 29th December 2023

So how do I see out 2023? By watching one of the most funniest/offensive movies ever made.

It's a popular statement nowadays to declare that this movie wouldn't have a hope in hell of being made today but I feel such a declaration is selling the movie short. Because it is still really funny. There are some genuinely laugh-out moments and there is some biting satire. I knew from watching Spaceballs in my youth (many many times) I thought I'd know what to expect from Mel Brooks' brand of humour but this movie still manages to surprise.
Indeed, I do remember, quite vividly, seeing the climax but seeing it now, and with proper context, it is still a riot (pun intended).

Anywho, this concludes this series for 2023. Thank you for joining me on this journey and for following these ramblings over the past twelve months.
Next year will be 2024 - and thereby making it ten years since I started this series. So do I have something special planned for the tenth anniversary? Well it's funny you should mention that..

No comments:

Post a Comment