Friday, August 25, 2023

The Hangover

 And this week's Friday night movie has been... The Hangover!


Original image located here. Accessed 25th August 2023

I recall this movie being a big hit when it was released but, as is often the case, it is only now that I get off my lazy arse and make the effort into seeing it for myself. I guess I was reluctant because I was expecting a 'comedy' loaded with unfunny jokes and gross-out humour (man, the Road Trip/American Pie movies have a lot to answer for).

Thankfully that wasn't the case, Sure the jokes are funny and the interplay between the cast great but for me the strength of this movie is tracing the path of the night before, trying to work out what had happened. It is the journey, picking up the clues and trying to piece together a path of absurdity that leads to the most unlikeliest of outcomes. 
Sure the movie may have it's dumb moment but somehow, it's improbable nature makes it a compelling sell.

Oh and for the record? My bachelors party was nothing like that XD

No comments:

Post a Comment