Friday, May 12, 2023

The Super Mario Bros. Movie

And this week's Friday night movie has been... The Super Mario Bros. Movie!


Original image located here. Accessed 12th May 2023

These past couple of weeks I have been indulging my inner fan geek: watching these classic movies that achieved classic status. Well, this time around I think it's time I watched something more current.
I will admit that this movie's reaction intrigued me. Critics aren't liking it that much but the audiences are loving it. I suppose that is a given sense this particular franchise has an in-built (and not to mention sizable) fanbase.

But you know what? I had a lot of fun with this movie. Certainly i will admit that it pretty much exists for gaming geeks like myself who can spot all the visual references, identify all the musical cues and pick up on the notion that persistence pays off. But dammit, this movie clearly has a lot of love put into it and it gave me an enormous grin that stretched from ear to ear as well as provided plenty of laughs all the way through.
I guess film connoisseurs like myself don't have to go for the serious stuff all the time XD

No comments:

Post a Comment