Friday, February 3, 2023

Brooklyn

And this week's Friday Night movie has been... Brooklyn!


Original image located here. Accessed 3rd February 2023

Once again, this is a case of a movie that had been on my 'to watch' list for so long I'd forgotten why I put it therein the first place. But I am glad I did around to watching this.

What we have here is a story of an Irish woman who leaves Ireland for opportunities in New York. And right off the bat, this is a unique take as a lot of immigrant stories are male-led - rare is the immigrant story that is female led. And you know what? This movie is indeed marvellous. The location footage is astonishing, the portrayal of Irish in New York is well done and our lead, Saoirse Ronan, does a magnificent job. And, as is often the case, it is not the story that is told but HOW it is told.
Truly a very beautiful movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment