Friday, August 28, 2020

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian

And this week's Friday night movie has been... The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian!


Original image located here. Accessed 28th August 2020

I've always had a soft spot for the Chronicles of Narnia. Sure, it may be easy to dismiss it for it's simplicity and it's heavy-handed Christian allegory, but for me, it was one of, if not THE, first exposures I had to high fantasy. And I have since never looked back. They say 'get them while they're young' and it certainly worked for me.
I did see the first movie in this (now unfinished) saga but, for some reason or another, I never got around to seeing the rest of it. Well, now is a good as any to rectify this situation.

It may be easy to sneer at this movie for it wishing it was the Lord of the Rings trilogy but it still has enough to make it capable of standing on it's own two feet. I loved the battle scenes, the creativity in use, the visuals, the presence of Peter Dinklage, the character development (sadly this is the last we will see of Susan and Peter) and the dialogue and the effort being put into to adapt what is one of the lesser titles in the Chronicles.
It does seem like a high-fantasy-movie-lite but ii does it's job and it does it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment