Friday, May 29, 2020

Looking For Alibrandi

And this week's Friday night movie has been... Looking For Alibrandi!


Original image located here. Accessed 29th May 2020

Somehow this has slipped under my radar for quite some time. But when the gf found out about such an overlook, she made it her mission to rectify this.

At first I thought Looking For Alibrandi was some 'chick flick' fare, which may account for my initial avoidance of it, but it seems such an assumption is incorrect. It may tell of the trials and tribulations any teenage girl may face but in a way that is indeed universal.

There's a lot of things that work for this movie: The emphasis on Euro-Australians, recognizable Sydney locations, a snappy soundtrack and a compelling plot. Granted I am far from the teenage audience that this movie was intended for but the fact that I enjoyed it speaks volumes to it's universality.

No comments:

Post a Comment