Friday, August 30, 2019

The Abyss

And this week's Friday night movie has been....The Abyss!


Original image located here. Accessed 30th August 2019

Apparently director James Cameron is real keen on underwater exploration....
Okay, seriously: I've been wanting to see this movie ever since 1989 (!) when I first saw the advertising poster and thought it is ominous enough to grab my interest. An interest, it would seem, has not waned over the course of three decades...

I do enjoy James Cameron movies and this one didn't disappoint. There's the action and special effects I have come to expect from him but what marks this movie as special is the build up. There's tension, some brilliant photography, and an atmosphere that will make more modern movies green with envy. And the movie has indeed aged well when compared to other movies of the era.

Not much else i can say is that who would've guessed thirty years would be worth the wait?
(of course I've had longer waits to see certain movies but still...)

No comments:

Post a Comment