Friday, July 5, 2019

Toy Story 4

And this week's Friday night movie has been....Toy Story 4!


Original image located here. Accessed 5th July 2019

And thus the curtain falls on an odyssey twenty four years in the making - or at least I hope it's the ending because I can't see where Pixar can go from here.

There's not really a lot I can say about this: It's Pixar. It's Toy Story. It has the same laughs, heart and pathos we have come to expect from this series. Gabby Gabby is a fascinating character and we see some familiar faces develop in some interesting ways.
So really, not only does this movie has a good case for existing but it can certainly sit comfortably alongside it's older siblings.

One last thing: Duke is indeed a delight and was well-received by the audience when i saw this in the theater - but I have to wonder how many people, besides me, have made the connection to Ken Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment