Friday, February 8, 2019

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....How to Train Your Dragon: the Hidden World!


Original image located here. Accessed 8th February 2019

Well here we are: the endpoint of a saga that was nearly a decade in the making. A journey that may have taken years for some but was only two weeks for me - therefore, one would say that I had a different journey compared to those who've been following these movies for as long as they have - and, some might say, a less rewarding journey. Nevertheless, I too have followed these characters, I've seen them grow and change and I've come to connect with them (HICCSTRID!!!). So I have got to the destination quicker but each step was far from dishonest.

As for the movie itself, well it has been said that Toothless has been a major selling point in these movies so of course they would bring in a second Night Fury. I suppose these is some inevitability that the second Night Fury would be a romantic interest for Toothless (especially seeing as the trailer talked it up) But i am willing to forgive such predictability as the scenes with Toothless and the Light Fury working off one another was a delight
The rest of the movie? Well it;s more of the same but that's not bad thing. Lot's of action, flying sequences, laughs, and another step in the evolution of these characters and the world in which they inhabit. But in a way, perhaps it is best the movies stop now, out of fear that it may settle into the complacency that is predictability.
And I will admit: that last portion of the movie did touch my cold, jaded heart - proof that if I made the journey quicker than other people, the outcome was still no different.

No comments:

Post a Comment