Friday, April 7, 2017

The Princess and the Frog

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Princess and the Frog!


Original image located here. Accessed 7th April 2017

I enjoyed this one, what with it's playful animation, snappy soundtrack, New Orleans setting & art design (par for the course with Disney) and a truly glorious villain in the form of Dr Facilier (oh Keith David, is there nothing you can do?).

HOWEVER! I was enjoying the first half hour so much that (and I swear I'm going to be in the minority when I say this) when the movie moves away from New Orleans and to the swamp, I found the movie came to a grinding halt and a lot of what made the film initially interesting got shoved to one side. Needless to say, for me it took some time before it got back on track again.
Grumbling aside though, this movie did a lot right and it did it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment