Friday, October 28, 2016

The Nightmare Before Christmas

And this week's Friday night movie has been.....The Nightmare Before Christmas!


Original image located here. Accessed 28th October 2016

Well seeing it's Halloween weekend....

This may come as a surprise but I've never actually seen this movie before. I do recall seeing ads for this on repeat at Area 52 (before it was Area 52) and I've certainly seen a lot of merch since but I don't recall this being a movie that everyone went out and saw. But it's only now, years later, that people are admitting that they really like it.

However, to be honest, I'm not sure what to make of this movie. Sure the art direction, the visuals and the animation are all stunning but I think they're the only thing keeping the boat afloat. Sure there's a great idea about holidays intruding in on each other but one hindered by a 76 min running time.
If anything, I think Honest Trailers put it best: "This is Hot Topic! This is Hot Topic!"

No comments:

Post a Comment